- Always plan your actions - Try not to get distracted by other things and keep focused on you planned work.
- If you are really struggling with a task, leave it and come back to it later that day or schedule it in for another day. It is always easier when you return to it.
- If you are stuck or have a problem, get help from others. So many people just don't ask for help, most people are glad to help if you ask, but most don't ask.
- Don't waste you time on bad business. Most know the type of businesses that waste time, just don't spend time with them if you know that the time spent is just not going to top up your profits. Be forceful and straight to the point - Do you want to transact or not? The said contact will also respect this business strategy and deal or not deal. Either way you will win with the outcome.
- Never be inactive when in work time. There is always something to do, even if it is something as simple as sending a business contact an email asking how things are going. Singularly this isn't much, but if you add all the little chores you can fit into a week, it will make a difference.
- Use you lunchtimes not just to eat, but go for a walk or a jog and get some exercise, this is assuming you don't have a physically demanding job. The amount of extra energy this will give you for the afternoon session will be substantial. Again, it could make the difference towards increased productivity and beyond, increased profits. Incidentally, the worse thing you can do is not take a lunch break.
- The last tip is to spend time listening to your staff, you have employed then for a reason, they are the best you could find. They may have their ears to the ground and will know more than you in some areas - Take time to listen to these ideas.
These are just a few tips will help you to manage your time and efforts to creating a more efficient personal working regime. With this on board it can't do anything else than improve your personal management skills, improved productivity both in quality and quantity and finally improved profits made from these factors.